Transport Driver is responsible for transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from retail and distribution centers. Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL driver’s license with Hazmat & Tanker Endorsement, TWIC card preferred
- Must provide driving record with under 2 points
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities and trips.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Transport hazardous materials.
- 1 – 2 years driving experience
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.